Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cleaning out the closet - Eminem

This song is very powerful and disturbing at the same time. The average person would assume that Eminem is a bad person for verbally degrading his mother the way he did in this song. However, it is better to look at both sides of the stories before judging him. I believe that he had a traumatic childhood experience with his mom. One of the lines in the song he states, “Now I would never diss my own momma just to get recognition. Take a second to listen for who you think this record is dissing, but put yourself in my position; just try to envision witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen.” This brought me to the assumption that his mom was a drug abuser. Personally, I would never disrespect my own mother the way he did. It is good to put yourself in other people’s shoes and try to understand why someone else would feel the need too. This is one of my favorite songs by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment